- Departments:Training & Development
- Divisions:Training and Development
- Title:Facilitator & Instructional Designer
- Phone:(817) 337-8581
Mike Gibson has been with SGR since 2008. He oversees coordination of all of our live curriculum development efforts. His leadership experience includes:
- Hundreds of presentations for municipal, educational and non-profit settings
- Research and development of educational products for municipalities, schools and non-profits
- Pioneering new initiatives for student leadership programs targeting at-risk youth in partnership with cities, non-profits, and school districts
- Facilitating fatherhood involvement programs through Strong Fathers, Strong Families
- Leading school assembly programs for Texas public schools
- Leading the teaching team at Summer Excitement, a leadership camp for junior high through college age students
- Pastoral ministry in Texas and Arkansas
Mike has extensive experience in curriculum development. In municipal settings, Mike’s writing is found throughout SGR customer service series, supervisory series and the cascaded-learning book reviews. Two of his most popular products are “Pruning Negativity” and “Understanding and Managing Generations”. Mike’s “Leadership Lab” for middle school students has been used in various public schools in Texas.
Mike holds a bachelor’s degree in Biology from the University of Houston at Clear Lake with a lifetime teaching certificate for the state of Texas. He also is a graduate of the South Houston Bible Institute, where he was ordained as a minister.