Sr. Vice President, Executive Recruitment
Mike Hinnenkamp joined SGR in 2019 and is the Executive Director for the Ohio Plan Inc. The Ohio Plan Inc. is the parent company of two member-driven non-profit organizations totally nearly 800 members. The Ohio Plan Risk Management Inc. is a property and casualty insurance program focused on providing affordable and comprehensive coverage to Ohio local governments and special districts. The Ohio Plan Management Resource, Inc. is a management consultant organization providing training, resources, and programs to increase efficiency and effectiveness in the day-to-day operations of public entities.
Mike served as Township Administrator for Springfield Township, in Hamilton County, Ohio for twenty-two years. Overall, he has thirty-two years of local government experience which includes service for three diverse jurisdictions in progressive executive leadership positions and has been certified by the International City/County Manager’s Association (ICMA) as a Credentialed Manager since 2004.
Mike has both a Master’s Degree in Public Administration and a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning from the University of Cincinnati. He currently serves, has past service, or membership on the following Boards and organizations:
- Chairperson, Ohio Plan Inc.
- Board of Director, Ohio Government Risk Management Plan
- Retired Member: International City/County Management Association
- Life Member; Ohio City/County Managers Association
- Executive Director, Springfield Township Community Improvement Corporation
- Past Chair, Government and Civic Engagement Committee, Leadership Cincinnati Alumni Board
- Member, Class XIX; Leadership Cincinnati – Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chair; Greater Cincinnati Local Government Management Association
- Past President; Center for Local Government
- Past Treasurer; First Suburbs Consortium of Southwest Ohio
- Past Board of Trustee Member; Hamilton County Development Corporation