YOU needed… WE asked… THEY said YES!
You needed a way to provide first rate training with a limited budget caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic. We asked best-selling authors, nationally known experts, and thought leaders from across the nation to come together to meet your need, and they said, “Yes!” Never did we dream that so many would step up with such a generous heart to provide such incredible material to develop leaders. The result is a resource library full of webinars, presentations, executive book briefings, and other items by experienced presenters and practitioners covering a broad-range of leadership topics to meet your training needs. SGR is pleased to present this collection of leadership resources that will help you change the world—one leader at a time.
- ALL IN - Leadership Success Through Commitment
- Authentic Servant Leadership
- Best Practices for Managing Your Team Remotely
- Building a Culture of Excellence One Citizen Encounter at a Time
- Building Sustainable Success
- Building Trust
- Cascading Competency Conversations
- Changing Your Strategic Plan in Crisis
- Collaborative Habits - Executive Book Briefing
- Cookingham's Guideposts for City Management - Pt.1
- Cookingham's Guideposts for City Management - Pt.2
- Creating Powerful PowerPoint for Virtual Presentations
- Creating a Servant Leadership Culture
- Crisis Ready Leadership
- Culture Shift Accelerators
- Daniel Pink and Jim Collins Conversation on Leadership
- Decisive - Executive Book Briefing
- Don't Lose Your Way
- Economic Value-Added and Emotional Intelligence Insights
- Embracing Change
- Emotional Intelligence and Leadership Greatness
- Employee Passion: Why 2019 Looks Like 2006
- Encouraging the Heart - Executive Book Briefing
- Engaging the Community with Caitlin Gard
- Evaluating Whether to Pursue a Job Opportunity
- Fierce Leadership - Executive Book Briefing
- Five Attributes of Effective Teams
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team - Executive Book Briefing
- Focus and Discipline: 4 Keys to Managing the Chaos
- Getting a Book Deal with Eric Nelson
- Getting Healthy Mentally
- How Introverts Lead
- How to Become a Better Leader
- How to Create Great Survey Questions
- How to Develop Authentic Servant Leaders
- How to Make Better Decisions
- How to Make Informed Decisions when Everything is Important and Urgent
- How to Persuade Others
- How to Read Anyone Based on the Psychology of Their Face
- How to Really Listen
- How: Why How We Do Anything Means Everything - Executive Book Briefing
- I Spy: Looking for Opportunities in All the Right Places
- Impact of Servant Leadership
- It's Basic Stuff
- Lead Your Business
- Leadership and Motivation
- Leadership During A Crisis
- Leadership Strategy and Tactics: Field Manual - Executive Book Briefing
- Leading An Effective Meeting
- Leading Dramatic Culture Shift
- Learning From Your Mistakes
- Made to Stick - Executive Book Briefing
- Making Good Decisions
- Making the Journey
- Managing Your Team Remotely - Communication
- Managing Your Team Remotely -Getting Things Done Together
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits - Executive Book Briefing
- Mindset of Success
- Morro Bay’s Secret to Successful Community Outreach
- Multipliers - Executive Book Briefing
- Nine Powerful Communication Tips to Springboard your Sales and Leadership
- Overcoming the Public Works Talent Shortage
- Partnering with the Faith Community During a Crisis
- Prepare for the Next Normal
- Preparing for an Opportunity…Without Knowing the Details
- Preparing a Notable Resume and Transmittal Letter to Help You Become a Semifinalist
- Return to Work Site Strategy Workshop
- Servant Leadership at All Levels - A Disney Story
- Servant Leadership is RADICAL
- Servant Leadership Risk and Resiliency
- Setting Tactical Goals
- Seven Ways To Enhance Your Personal Brand
- SGR's 4th Dimension Leadership Model
- Speed of Trust - Executive Book Briefing
- Star Track - Identifying Development
- Successfully Pivoting Your Personal Strategy
- The ABC’s of Persuasion
- The Art and Fog of Fire Service Leadership
- The Case for Civility
- The Chess Knight
- The Key Questions for a Servant Leadership Culture
- The Most Important Lesson I Learned in College
- The Need for Aligning Your Systems
- The Other 90% - Executive Book Briefing
- The Puzzle of Motivation
- The R.O.L.E. Model of Leadership
- Team Dynamics: Why Is Everything Changing?
- Top Eight Local Government Priorities and How COVID-19 is Affecting Them
- Top Ten Community Survey Tips
- Turn Up the Trust
- When to Synchronize
- Why Leadership Development Programs Frequently Fail
- Willful Blindness - Executive Book Briefing
- Womenomics - Executive Book Briefing
- Words That Work - Executive Book Briefing
- Work From Home
Performance Communication Expert, Speaker, Author and Blogger.
Author and podcast host of Excellence in Policing, Chief of Police, The City of Ennis, TX.
Communications and Marketing Director, National Research Center, Inc., Author of articles for Engaging Local Government Leaders.
Author, Contributing Editor to POLITICO Magazine and a Contributor to Real Clear Politics.
Assistant City Manager, The City of Wylie, TX. Served in the fire service for 24 years.
First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) Board of Directors, Sr. Vice President & CAO, Willis-Knighton Health System, Former CAO for the City of Shreveport, LA.
Bryan Forsyth, Ph.D.
Author of The Spirit of Leadership, Past, Present and Future in the Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, Senior Learning and Development Leader/Manager/Specialist.
City Manager of Royce City, TX; Former Police Chief, Royse City Police Department; Kidney Donor.
Chief Executive Officer, 40 Strategy.
Assistant City Manager, The City of Austin, TX, Former Director of the Washington, DC Department of Public Works.
Author of Bomb-Proof Constructive Feedback.
Leadership Developer and Strategist, Oak Street Strategies.
Executive and Leadership Consultant, Recipient of three Arizona Governor’s Awards.
Director of Public Information and Civic Engagement, City of Springfield, MO.
Author of New York Times bestsellers: When and A Whole New Mind, Drive and To Sell is Human, Host and Co-Executive Producer of Crowd Control.
Owner, MINDimensions, Faculty Member of the American Management Association.
Chairman of the Board of Directors, Denton County Transportation Authority, National Multi Modal Transportation Steering Committee (NMMTSC).
Founder of Earl Morrison Leading and Learning with Character, Published author, Police Officer for 20 years.
City Manager, The City of Carrollton, TX. Serves on the North Texas Emergency Communications Center (NTECC) Board.
Strategist, Coach, Writer, Crisis Management, Instigator of Thought, Retired City Manager, ICMA-CM Avenu Insights & Analytics Advisory Board Member.
President and CEO, United Way of the Ozarks, Former City Manager of Springfield, MO, recipient of the 2008 O. Franklin Kenworthy Award for Outstanding Leadership.
Chief Executive Officer, Yellow-Marker, Inc. Author of The Art of Feeding Heroes. Has delivered over 10,000 hours of live training.
Financial Services Provider, Edward Jones; U.S. Army Veteran; Survivor of Stage 4 Kidney Failure.
President of Executive Recruitment and Interim Services, SGR; Former City Manager of Colleyville, TX; Recipient of Linda Keithley Award for Women in Public Management.
Director of Human Resources (CHRO) for Jefferson County, Golden Colorado.
Director of Communication Strategy, Exeter Finance and Adjunct Instructor of Speech Communication, TCC and UTD.
Speaker, Author, Trainer, and Executive Coach.
Professional Development Facilitator and Coach.
Facilitator for the Leadership Development & Training Team of SGR.
Founding Attorney at EngageHR Law; Former Human Resources Director for Pewaukee, WI.
International Keynote and TEDx Speaker, Author, and Consultant.
Founding Partner, Holliday | Kenning; Former Director of Human Capital Management division of the State of Oklahoma; Received the 2017 President’s Award of National Association of State Personnel Executives (NASPE).
President of Leadership Development and Training, SGR.
Deputy City Manager of City and Borough of Juneau, AK.
Teamwork Keynote Speaker and the founder of Hippo Solutions.
CNN Commentator, Senior Columnist at The Daily Beast, Hosts the popular podcast Matt Lewis & The News, and co-hosts The DMZ show on Bloggingheads.TV.
Town Manager, The Town of Little Elm, TX.
Co-founding partner of Chapman & Co. Leadership Institute.
City Manager, The City of Shawnee, KS.
Psychologist and Principle, the Resiliency Solution.
Former CIA Case Officer in Afghanistan & Police Officer, The City of Savannah, GA.
Author of Employee Engagement: Lessons from the Mouse House, Former Disney University Instructor, Training and Organizational Development Manager for the Personnel Board of Jefferson County in Birmingham, AL.
Instructor in the Business Leadership Center in the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University; Adjunct Speech Professor at Eastfield College, Accomplished Speaker.
Chief Executive Officer, Denton County Transportation Authority.
Fire Chief/Emergency Management Director, The City of Hartford, CT. Served in Iraq as a civilian Fire Chief for the U.S. Department of Defense and coalition allies from 2004 to 2008.
Chief Executive Officer, SGR; Former Assistant City Manager in Plano, TX and City Manager in Garland, DeSoto, Farmersville and Sundown, TX.
Adjunct Speaker/Presenter for the Texas A&M Extension Service (TEEX) Leadership Development Program and US Air Force Veteran.
Managing Partner of Chapman & Co. Leadership Institute.
Sr. Vice President and Facilitator, SGR; Served on two University Board of Trustees.
Founder of Sean Speaks, former Agent Development Director for the Ohio NRT companies.
Assistant Fire Chief, Celina Fire Department, Published author in Fire Engineering Magazine.
Founder, Constructive Disruption and former Director of Libraries for Hillsboro, OR.
Human Resources Director, Town of Parker, CO; Serves on IPMA-HR Executive Council.
Learning and Leadership Strategist & Executive Coach, Founding Partner, Holliday | Kenning.
Former Chief of Police, Denver, CO and Louisville, KY. Recipient of the NAACP President’s Award and League of Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Community Leader Award. Recognized as a national leader in crisis management, use of data, and community relations.
Author of Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It... and Why the Rest Don't, The Greatest Business Decisions of All Time: How Apple, Ford, IBM, Zappos, and others made radical choices that changed the course of business, and Mastering the Rockefeller Habits: What You Must Do to Increase the Value of Your Growth Firm.
40 Strategy's core business is Strategic Planning consulting. Our passion is to help organizations reach their vision. We facilitate strategic planning, audit existing strategic plans, scenario planning and provide strategic navigation to help organizations execute their plans.
The International Public Management Association for Human Resources (IPMA-HR)
The leading public sector human resource organization in the world, IPMA-HR represents the interests of human resource professionals at all levels and strives to promote excellence in HR management. Since 1906, IPMA-HR has been a resource for comprehensive and timely HR industry news, jobs, policies, resources, education, and professional development opportunities.
Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
Founded in 1906, represents public finance officials throughout the United States and Canada. The association's more than 20,000 members are federal, state/provincial, and local finance officials deeply involved in planning, financing, and implementing thousands of governmental operations in each of their jurisdictions. GFOA's mission is to advance excellence in public finance.
National Research Center (NRC)
A leading survey research firm focusing on the information requirements of the public sector, including local governments, non-profit agencies, foundations and more. NRC is a branch of the civic engagement technology company Polco. We are a highly skilled team of social science researchers performing a full range of quality services to help organizations measure their effectiveness and understand the perspectives of their residents, employees, clients and other stakeholders.