SGR exists to help local governments become more successful by Recruiting, Assessing, and Developing Innovative, Collaborative, Authentic Leaders.
We use the acronym RADICAL. The original Latin radicallis means “back to the roots.” The current vernacular means “out on the very leading edge.” Not only does RADICAL highlight our business lines, but it also captures the constructive leadership tension between valuing the roots of healthy relationships while simultaneously being out on the very leading edge of change
Who We Are
SGR exists to help local governments be more successful by Recruiting, Assessing, and Developing Innovative, Collaborative, Authentic Leaders.
Since 1999, SGR has experienced an average annual growth rate in excess of 20%, and that rapid pace of growth continues. Today, SGR serves more than 700 local governments in 47 states and has formal partnerships with almost a dozen local government associations.
Primary services provided to local governments across the nation by SGR’s team of more than 350 employees and contractors include:
- Executive Recruitment
- Interim Services & Consulting
- Leadership Development & Assessments
- Live and Online Training
- Embedded Services
SGR’s business model is truly unique. Although we're a private company, SGR operates like a local government association. Most of SGR’s principals are former local government officials, allowing SGR to bring a perspective and depth of local government expertise to every project that no other firm can match.
What Makes SGR Different?
- SGR's large base of more than 700 local government clients in 47 states
- SGR’s free, weekly 10 in 10 on Servant Leadership has over 50,000 subscribers in all 50 states. Each week, CEO Ron Holifield reviews over 350 articles, stories, and videos through the lens of a city manager, choosing the top ten that local government leaders will find interesting and worth spending ten minutes to review.
- SGR’s website receives more than over 23,000 visits each month.
- SGRjobs.com is the second largest local government job board in the nation, with over 1,600 jobs postings, and more than 25,000 page views each month.
- SGR has formal strategic collaborations with a number of associations and municipal leagues
- SGR Team Members and Facilitators speak an average of once per week at conferences and regional workshops across the nation.
The Chess Knight
CEO Ron Holifield founded SGR in 1999, after spending two high-profile decades in city management, which included service as City Manager in several cities. Ron’s passion has always been to make a difference and truly change the world. Successful employees at SGR share that passion for making a difference and are committed to meeting the needs of our clients.
Since 1999, SGR has experienced an average annual growth rate in excess of 20%, and that rapid pace of growth continues. As a result, SGR is one of the most dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly changing work environments anywhere. Successful employees must be able to thrive in such environments.
- Is one of the largest local government executive search firms in the nation
- Operates the second largest local government job board in the nation
- Is the largest provider of local government interim management services in Texas, and one of the largest in the nation
- Is the largest private sector provider of local government training in the nation
- Provides one of the leading online learning management systems in the nation designed specifically for local governments